About The Law Offices of Friedberg & Bunge
The Law Offices of Friedberg & Bunge is a civil litigation firm with an emphasis on personal injury, products liability, maritime and medical negligence cases. The firm is exclusively a plaintiffs contingency practice and handles all types of personal injury cases, including motor vehicle, premises liability, products liability claims, wrongful death, traumatic brain injuries, governmental tort liability and general negligence claims. The firms partners are admitted both in California and the United States Virgin Islands. Both partners have received the highest rating available from Martindale-Hubbell.
The Law Offices of Friedberg & Bunge is a respected law firm with a long history of success advocating for clients in all personal injury related cases. Based in both San Diego, California and St. John, US Virgin Islands, we are familiar with the courts throughout all of California and the US Virgin Islands. Our attorneys have the expertise and skill necessary skill to obtain you the best possible result in resolving your case. No matter what your case involves, we are focused on your success. Please read our profiles to learn more about our professional backgrounds.
Our firm provides every client with personal representation. We are a husband and wife law firm. Tom Friedberg and Sarah Bunge have been representing clients since 1988 as a firm. They met in college while at the University of Arizona in Tucson and then came to San Diego and both attended the University of San Diego School of Law. Tom graduated in 1983 and immediately began representing injured victims as a Plaintiffs personal injury attorney. Sarah graduated in 1984 and worked for the maritime defense firm of Lillick, McHose and Charles. In 1988, they both left their firms to form The Law Offices of Friedberg & Bunge. From 1988 onward, Tom and Sarah have enjoyed sailing and scuba diving throughout the Caribbean and South Pacific. In 1999, they purchased property in St. John, US Virgin Islands and built a second home. After that time, clients requested that they assist with their personal injury cases in the US Virgin Islands. In 2005, Tom and Sarah became licensed in the US Virgin Islands and opened the St. John branch of The Law Offices of Friedberg & Bunge in Cruz Bay on St. John to represent clients injured in the Virgin Islands.
Since 1988, Tom and Sarah have tried numerous cases to verdict and settled many more. They have a proven record of success and are available to assist you in your case.
Knowledgeable attorneys handle multiple areas of the law
Tom and Sarah have a thorough understanding of California law and the laws of the US Virgin Islands. Our firm is often requested to associate in with other firms throughout the nation based on our proven track record of obtaining substantial awards for our clients. We will work tirelessly to achieve the best results in the following practice areas:
- Personal injury is a serious matter that can affect your health, your job, your family and your future. Every injury that you sustain has an impact on your life. Some injuries have a greater impact on others. an unexpected accident can deprive you of the ability to provide for your family and enjoy life to its fullest. If you have suffered an injury because of somebody else’s negligence, you need an experienced personal injury attorney by your side. We give you a clear picture of the financial recovery that may be available to you.
- When you purchase a product, you trust that it will not harm you. An injury caused by a defective product due to either a manufacturing or a design defect can have major consequences on your life. We have a proven track record in obtaining substantial compensation for clients injured due to defective products, including ladders, vehicles, automatic doors and other types of mechanical devices. Contact an experienced products liability attorney to help you get the compensation you deserve.
- We are experienced boaters, sailors and scuba divers. We excel are representing Jones Act sailors and others who have been injured either in the service of a vessel or due to the negligence of vessel owners and operators. We can bring our experience and reputation to get you the best possible result in your admiralty and maritime injury law case.
- When you need to seek medical treatment, you are putting your trust in your doctor and the other medical staff. If that trust is broken and their negligence results in your injury, you have the right to seek compensation. Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to helping you with your medical malpractice case.
- Commercial and residential property owners are responsible for keeping their grounds in a safe condition. When they fail to do this, it can result in the injury of you or a loved one. Our experienced attorneys have the knowledge and skill to help you through your premises liability lawsuit.
- Every day, individuals suffer serious personal injuries in auto accidents caused by a careless or reckless driver. When an accident is caused by another driver’s negligence, we can help you through the process and make sure that you obtain all of the benefits and money you are entitled to receive.
Contact us today
Tom and Sarah will see your case through from start to finish. Let us work with you to address your legal concerns. Our offices are conveniently located in both downtown San Diego, California and St. John, US Virgin Islands in The Marketplace. Call us at 619-557-0101 for San Diego or 340-693-0331 for St. John to arrange your free consultation or contact us online.